Thursday, May 31, 2012


Leroy’s Journal (Entry 2) 

I miss my girl Lynette, everyday. Now that I’m home I can’t help but think about her.  Even when I watch Pinky in them flicks, yawl know Pinkeeee alright, but all I do is I think of Lynette. Or maybe, I’m just thinking about Pinky!  Ain’t no telling when the lights are out.  I love her though, even when she plays hard to get.  When she smiles, looking like the queen she is, I just wanna leave momma to live with her!  She's my everything. It’s wild… I never been like this before. Real talk!  I even called into a WBLS's Lenny Green late night radio show!  That’s how much I love her. Got a brother, requesting songs!  I don’t even remember what it was, Freddy Jackson, Peabo Bryson, Dr. Dre, I don’t know, but it had something to do about love!  Yeah!  This lady Lynette really melts my heart... and my pockets… But I still miss her. I even miss when the check comes and her arms get real short, as if they weren’t just moving earlier reaching over the table for them damn cheddar biscuits!  I got it so bad for her and I don’t even care!  Like for instance, last time we went out, she ate Shrimp Foo Young, and I ate Top Ramen, and I even left a tip. That’s right, brother's in love leave tips!  Can’t help but think the whole time I was gone, she could have been with another. I do remember I did see Diesel that one time at the workout gym.  She could have been using me for my money...momma does hook a brother up with allowance every now and then.  I’m tripping and my head hurts more when I think of her!  She is MY wonderful one, like Marvin Gaye said in that song. Come to think of it, that was the name of the song I requested on the radio. Shoot, that’s how love goes. My mind hasn't been right without her. 

Oh well till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment